The Multi-Skilled Engineering Apprenticeship is designed to develop young people to become Multi-Skilled Engineers. Our Multi-Skilled Engineers are professionally competent and qualified to operate safely in mechanical and electrical engineering. They’re responsible for delivering specialised mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on some of the latest high speed and modern machinery.
Our Apprenticeship in Engineering lasts four years and incorporates Unilever specific technology modules and personal development programmes. This programme is externally accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology [IET].
You'll spend the first year as a full-time student at one of our selected providers. For the next three years, our program requires in-house and external training courses, college block release and placement in other Unilever factories in the UK.
You will develop engineering/manufacturing skills and get experience in a range of different electrical and mechanical engineering technologies.
Port Sunlight, Trafford Park, Leeds & Gloucester
To apply you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at “C” or above or equivalent including English, Maths and Science / Technology / Engineering related subject (“B” in Maths is desirable); please state your predicted grade in your application if you have yet to receive your result
- Applicants must be passionate and enthusiastic about engineering
- Practical creativity, manual dexterity and the ability to handle tools
- We would like to hear about an engineering project you've done at school, or an engineering club you've been involved with; if you enjoy repairing cars, bicycles or motorbikes or any other items you’re a perfect match for this apprenticeship
- You’ll be a dynamic individual with plenty of drive and self-motivation who enjoys working within a team
- You must also be eligible to work in the UK
New Standard in Science Industry Technician
- NVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations
- BTEC National Certificate
- NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma - Engineered Systems
HOW TO APPLY