As engineers we can shape how our world works. Do you want to be at the forefront of manufacturing technology? Then kick-start your career with the Engineering Apprenticeship and join one of Unilever’s World-Class Factories. We want to see how your individuality, and your unique approach to work and the world, can bring innovation to our business.
Don’t delay, apply today!
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Our exciting 5-year programme will allow you to become a Multi-Skilled Engineer engaged to optimize the running and maintenance of state of the art equipment within the factory. Where breakdowns occur, you will diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary recommend design improvements.
This apprenticeship leads to BTEC Lev 3 Diploma in Engineering; NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance, NVQ level 4 Diploma in Engineering Manufacture, HNC General Engineering.
Our programme is externally accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology [IET].
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME:
Our up-and-coming apprentices follow 5-year Development Road Map which incorporates the National Apprenticeship Standard as well as the Unilever specific technology modules and personal development programme. You will gain engineering skills and get experience in a range of different Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Control technologies. A unique apprenticeship programme designed to support you in becoming the next top engineer.
Are you ready to join a global company that will support you in your career?
You'll spend the first year as a full-time student at one of our selected college providers. For the next three years, our programme requires college block release, in-house and external training courses.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
As well as ongoing training, you’ll experience real-life business challenges with some of our best-known global brands, where your energy and unique way of thinking will have a real impact. The apprenticeship will give you the confidence and ongoing learning opportunities to set you up for success. Most of our apprentices go on to get a job or explore higher learning opportunities at Unilever.
All our apprentices receive a competitive salary and fantastic benefits, including 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays), big discounts on Unilever products, a workplace pension and a personalised induction programme. In some of our workplaces, we also have a subsidised café, gym, sports clubs and social activities. You can even get free ice cream. Yum!
Crumlin, Gloucester, Leeds, Port Sunlight, Trafford Park, Warrington.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above or equivalent including English, Maths and Science / Engineering related subject (Grade 5 (B) or above in Maths is compulsory); please state your predicted grade in your application if you have yet to receive your result.
- This is the next step in your career and with it comes accountability and responsibility. You will be working while you study and you will need to show you have the commitment and initiative to manage the pressures that this will bring.
- You should have a passion to succeed and an ability to meet deadlines both at work and with your studies. You should be prepared to take on challenging work outside of your comfort zone.
- Applicants must be passionate and enthusiastic about engineering.
- You’ll be an individual with plenty of drive and self-motivation who enjoys working within a team.
- You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Start date: September 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the programme in Crumlin, please click here.
To apply for the programme in Gloucester, please click here.
To apply for the programme in Leeds, please click here.
To apply for the programme in Port Sunlight, please click here.
To apply for the programme in Trafford, please click here.
To apply for the programme in Warrington, please click here.