We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace
It’s why we come to work. It’s why we’re in business. It’s how we inspire exceptional performance.
Back in 1883, Sunlight Soap was launched in the UK by our founder – it was pioneering, it was innovative and it had a purpose: to popularise cleanliness and bring it within reach of ordinary people. That was sustainable living, even then. We now have over 400 brands and we are still driven by purpose.
We want to do more good for our planet and our society – not just less harm. We want to act on the social and environmental issues facing the world and we want to enhance people’s lives with our products.
We’ve been pioneers, innovators and future-makers for over 120 years – we plan to continue doing that. And we plan to do it sustainably.
- 190 countries where our brands are available
- 3.4 billion people use our products every day
- € 60.1 billion turnover in 2022 with 59% in emerging markets
- 400 + brands that are household names
- 14 brands had a turnover of more than €1 billion in 2022
- 14 brands in the top 50 most chosen FMCG brands globally are ours
- 127,000 employees worldwide
- No1 FMCG employer of choice for graduates and early career talent in 16 out of our 20 biggest markets
- 54/46 gender balance management (female/male)
- € 818m spent with diverse businesses owned by under-represented groups
- 55 % of our plastic packaging is reusable, recyclable or compostable
- 68 % reduction in Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions since 2015
- 90+ years operating in the UK and Ireland
- Over 80 brands in our market
- In 98% of UK households
- Over 6,000 employees in our factories and offices